Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Japan | Land of the Rising Sun



Streets of Japan
Originally uploaded by DA2 Photography
On the 12 of December 2010, i get a chance to visit Japan for 1 whole week. A memorable vacation trip with my family and cousins. Places that we went was Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto and Mount Fuji.

Japan is a modern country. It was because of the Meiji restoration and modernization in the early 1868 that have made Japan to be able to modernize rapidly compared to other European countries. They have Toyota Motor Corporation (The world's largest automobile manufacturer in the world), hybrid cars (Prius went on sale in Japan in 1997), 6 bullet trains (The first bullet train was opened in 1964) and many more.

The best part about Japan, even though they are way modern then other countries, they still preserve their culture. They rebuild and restore historical temples. They even reuse and preserve their vintage design bicycles. Can u imagine that they still use classic non touchscreen clam shell flip phones while other countries uses modern touchscreen smartphones. But their phone uses 3G (an early version of 3G called FOMA) for calling while other countries still uses standard line. How cool is that!!

More after the break


People in Japan are very friendly, but its hard to communicate with them since they don't really learn English language. Thank God our tour guide do XD. The food there, well... its hard to find halal food. Just fish, vege and rice : ( oh yea... and raw fish *SUSHI!!*.

Did have so much fun there. Especially on the Hollywood Dream Roller Coaster in Universal Studio Japan. A super fast ride with super falls, includes super spin and its really super fun. Only for super people... like me XD... *YAY!!! SUPER ME*. Took lots of pictures there and I chose few of my favorite, compiled it to a small set. Below are the best pictures that i like. More pictures in flikr click here.



In front of the Kobe Motomachi shopping street

The gate of the Buddhist Temple in Kyoto

Kyomizu-dera temple, a Buddhist Temple

Last autumn leaves

Mount Fuji, the tallest mountain in Japan



In Osaka, we visited the Osaka castle (it was rebuild 2 times, since the original was burned down and the reconstructed castle was bombed). While I was wondering about near the stone wall (Huge stones to protect the front entrance of the castle), an old man came close to me and started to talk. All I herd was %$#@&^*&$ (Japanese language). Cant really figure out what he was trying to tell me. Then he brings me closer to the stone wall, showing and pointing an area which looked like a stain or drawing on the wall. I was like "HUH??!!" *puzzled*. He then pointed his head and acting like he was wearing a hat on his head. All I can say was "Sorry... i don't understand" with a smile XD. Then I took a pic of the wall and ran off before he calls me back *scram*.

 The huge stones

The picture that I tooked and a small area where the old man was pointing at. Then I realized that the stain or drawing looks like a person wearing a hat.

 It even looked like the old man that came to me XD *Konichiwa!!*

All i can say about this trip, I sure would want to visit Japan again.

1 comment:

  1. Ehee now I know how the cowboy looks like after you draw it.. =D *meows*

    ReplyDelete